The Kāpiti Coast Older Persons' Council (formerly the Council of Elders) was established in 2008 as a voice for older people living in the community of the Kāpiti Coast, in the south west of New Zealand's North Island.
The Older Persons' Council is committed to working with the Kāpiti Coast District Council and the wider community to ensure that the Kāpiti Coast becomes an age friendly District.
What we do:
- advise the Kāpiti Coast District Council to influence policy and planning
- advocate to government and regional agencies
- hold senior expos that promote services for older people and their families
- hold community forums to inform older people on issues that affect their everyday living
- undertake projects that improve older people's well-being, including: