We acknowledge that there is a lot of concern about COVID-19 in our community. With this in mind, looking at what other community groups have done and conversations with others in our community, we made the difficult decision to postpone Older Person’s Council meetings in February 2020. Meetings resumed in June 2020.
The Kāpiti Coast Older Persons' Council (formerly the Council of Elders) was established in 2008 as a voice for older people living in the community of the Kāpiti Coast, in the south west of New Zealand's North Island.
The Older Persons' Council is committed to working with the Kāpiti Coast District Council and the wider community to ensure that the Kāpiti Coast becomes an age friendly District.
27 Seddon St, Waikanae 5036 NZ
What we do:
- advise the Kāpiti Coast District Council to influence policy and planning
- advocate to government and regional agencies
- hold senior expos that promote services for older people and their families
- hold community forums to inform older people on issues that affect their everyday living
- undertake projects that improve older people's well-being, including: